Sunday 11 September 2016

Inked Australia/New Zealand


When I tagged the INKED Australia/New Zealand in a few of my modelling pictures on Instagram, I had no idea I'd end up being this month's cover girl. It's safe to say I'm proud of myself for never giving in when I felt there was no place for a chica like me in the modelling industry.

I couldn't sleep the night before the shoot. This was the biggest magazine I had worked for in years and the fact that I knew I'd be in almost every newsagents and airports across Australia caked on the pressure to make sure I was majestic as hell.



Arriving with my best friend for moral support, 15 minutes early I was starting to get super excited. We shot in Miss Peaches in Newtown, Sydney, and it was EPIC.
As a chick who wears makeup most days and is used to doing my own hair and makeup for so many of the shoots I get hired for, putting your trust in an MUA you've never worked with before to make you feel and look like YOU, as well as smokin' - is nerve racking. 

Yet, Rachel Montgomery rocked it. I was stoked with every look, from natural, to smokey eye and full colour. She understood not only what complimented my features, but brought my own style into each look which makes the world of difference when a magazine is writing a feature on you as a public figure.



I had no idea which set was going to be on the front of the magazine, so each set i grew anxious and had to focus on every inch of my body while posing and controlling my expressions. I feel there's a common misconception that modelling is easy,  but it takes shoot after shoot and self criticism to know your own body and understand how you move in different styles, positions and environments. - And let's not even start on the self confidence to be undressed in a room filled with people you've only swapped pleasantries over a cappuccino with 20 minutes beforehand at 9am on a Tuesday. 




What's more, the team were entertained by my excitable nature and joked with me when my boobies point blank refused to fit in the denim dress I wore for the cover shot. I was at ease at a time where I'd put a bucket load of pressure on myself to be the best I could be. I felt as though INKED were just as excited to be working with me and I was with them; putting the anxious ridden girl at the back of the room and allowed my inner unicorn to flourish!


After shooting for around 3 hours, one of the best shoots of my whole career was over and I was actually pretty sad about it. I do hope one day I'll be gracing the cover of INKED again, after the chats of boobies, hair, tattoos and travelling I'd be game to do it all over again. 

My interview went amazingly well, with Vanessa capturing the sides of me which made me feel like I really deserved this feature. It was an amazing feeling to get INKED in my letterbox. The support from followers and friends (and of course my mum) has been astounding. I just came back from a weekend away in Melbourne, and seeing my face all over the news stands was surreal and genuinely one of my proudest moments.


To read about my tattoos and travelling adventures go and grab INKED Australia/New Zealand now! I won't be releasing the final images so you've got to get it to see me in action. 
You can also download the mag online, 
OR
check out my offer of a signed magazine for FREE when you purchase one of my Polaroids HERE - drop me a DM.

Much love blogging fam.





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Roaming Unicorn | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig